Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NOUGATINE, New York


NOUGATINE at Jean Georges is offering an autumn promotion, one that my brother and I readily accepted. We had our choice of two plates and one dessert in an offering that made our
choices difficult. My calamari was perfect and his shrimp salad with avocado and tomato dressed in champagne vinegrette, was exceptional. My red snapper was light while my brother's tenderloin was a little on the rare side for him. For dessert, I tried and totally consumed the warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. I think I would have chosen that three times if given the option. My brother, who eats gluten free, had fewer dessert options and couldn't order the cake. Bummer. All in all, we thought our lunch experience was well worth the $26 prix fixe. And, when you exit, you are in the heart of Columbus Circle where you could spend the rest of the afternoon. It could be considered being in the right place at the right time.

NOUGATINE at Jean Georges
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023
P: 212-299-3900

No comments:

Post a Comment