Wednesday, November 18, 2009

CHELSEA MARKET, New York




Chelsea Market has entrances on 9th and 10th Avenues between 15th and 16th Streets, allowing you to see at least two dozen retail and restaurant spaces between those doors. It was hard to walk past several bakeries, each smelling better than the last. Inside this market are all kinds of offerings. There are various small restaurants, groceries, specialty food items, kitchen utensils, baked goods,
seafood, flower arrangements, wine, teas, and gifts and I'm probably forgetting even more that can be found there. I loved browsing from one end of the market to the other. It appeared that this market is a "best kept secret" by NY locals; a place where they can escape the madness of the street and get comfy inside in one of the seating areas offered by various establishments. Everyone there seemed relaxed and happy. I don't think this was my last visit, I saw things I still want to buy and there was a cozy little area in the back of a tea store that was calling me to sit and sip.



Chelsea Market
75 9th Avenue between 15th & 16th Streets
New York, NY 10011
Subway to 14th Street and 8th Avenue


No comments:

Post a Comment