Saturday, August 1, 2009

SNYDER'S WILLOW GROVE, Maryland


An Oldie but a Goodie. Don't let the outside appearance stop you from thinking it's not interesting. Inside there are two dining rooms that take you back to 1975 while you enjoy some pretty good dinners. Our favorites are fried shrimp and the open steak sandwich. I'm mentioning this because just today I was talking with a friend and not only did this restaurant come up, but so did those very two entrees. Seems four of us always order those same two selections. I'm wondering what Kevin Bacon would order????
This restaurant has a history of perserverance. It opened in 1937, was destroyed by a fire in 1944 and reopened across the street (photo). It was remodeled in 1964 and then again in 1972 after it was damaged by Hurricane Agnes. Then it was remodeled again in 1975 because of water damage sustained from Hurricane Eloise.
I used to go there with my Dad in the 70's and sitting in the dining room with the green leaf wall paper is very comforting to me. When I look around the room, I think I am not the only one. If you've never been there, look forward to a blast from the past with good food for today.

SNYDER'S WILLOW GROVE
841 N. Hammonds Ferry Road
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
p: 410-789-1149

No comments:

Post a Comment