Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TIO PEPE, Maryland



This is one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore! When I was fourteen, my Spanish teacher took our class to this restaurant as a Spanish lesson, we were not allowed to speak any English. I immediately fell in love with everything and have continued to keep it one of my special occasion destinations.

Located in Baltimore's Mt. Vernon neighborhood, this restaurant attracts locals and visitors wanting lunch or dinner to be "special". Many diners accompany the fine Spanish cuisine with a pitcher of Sangria. Hmmmm, my favorite way to eat fruit. If you know anyone who frequents this restaurant, you will surely hear about their "favorites" (things like the shrimp in garlic appetizer or the paella or the scallops in champagne sauce or the pine nut roll). My brother and sister and I decided to make our dinner even more special than usual and asked about lobster options not on the menu. The waiter said they were out of "Lobster Cardinale", but the chef recommended "3 O 3". We were intrigued and all ordered it. What we got was amazing. Crab, shrimp, and lobster mixed together in champagne sauce served with rice and vegetables. Wow! I brought some of my dinner home and savored it tonight, just as much the second time! It's a must for anyone who wants to make their dining experience a special occasion. p.s. Reservations are a must.

Tio Pepe
10 E. Franklin Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
p: 410-539-4675


No comments:

Post a Comment