Friday, February 18, 2011

ESSEX, New York

Usually when in New York, I find myself hanging
around the West Side. But this time, we ventured to the Lower East Side for a happy hour and dinner. Devin and Christopher suggested Essex for happy hour since they are "regulars" there. We parked ourselves at the bar (Devin, Christopher, Steve, Schulyer, Ron, and me) and had a great time. Drinks were half price from 6 to 9pm (every Sunday through Thursday) which meant my cosmo's were $5 - a real deal anywhere. As I sat at the bar, I couldn't help but notice the wall treatment next to me. I loved the way the light reflected off tennis balls that were glued to the wall and painted to match. Very simple, clever, and fun. In fact, I think FUN sums it up regarding our ESSEX happy hour!

Essex
120 Essex Street
New York, NY 10002
PH: 212-533-9616








No comments:

Post a Comment