Monday, February 7, 2011

BASTA PASTA, Maryland


Saturday night Bill and I met Dave and Judy for a casual dinner at Basta Pasta in Timonium. None of us had been there so it was a group adventure. We had a reservation and after a friendly greeting , we were seated promptly. On our way to our table, I noticed the huge bar was filled with folks eating and not just drinking. As each party around us was served, we stretched our necks to see what looked good. Our waiter was attentive and helpful, without being over-bearing. I figured since we were dining Italian, I might start with wine, but when Judy ordered a cosmo (a new twist), I had to have one too. The salad came Olive Garden style with warm bread. Our entrees were great, I think Judy's Chicken Chesapeake was the big winner, even though Bill raved about his Shrimp Scampi because it wasn't drowning in sauce . We were too full for dessert, which means we cleaned our plates. All in all, it was a favorable experience - one that we will most likely repeat.

Basta Pasta
60 W. Timonium Road
Timonium, MD 21093
PH: 410-308-0838

No comments:

Post a Comment