Saturday, February 12, 2011

CATONSVILLE GOURMET, Maryland


I've heard good things about the Catonsville Gourmet, and last night I finally got there when I met my friends Vicki, Clare, and Andrea for dinner. The place was very crowded considering we met early (6:15ish). Our table was located in the front room next to the bar area. In the rear area there were more tables and a fresh market where you can purchase seafood and cuts of meat to go. It can get a little noisy, a few times I had to lean in to hear, but that seems to be the case in many smaller restaurants. Andrea brought wine for us since it's a BYOB establishment. We got caught up and loved our dinners in the process. I ordered the rockfish with pistachio crust and Asian BBQ sauce. It was excellent. For dessert, we sampled the Smith Island cake which I believe is the "state cake". That plate got returned to the kitchen almost clean. The experience was a good one. Their company is always good and the delicious dinner completed the treat!


Catonsville Gourmet
829 Frederick Road
Catonsville, MD 21228
PH: 410-788-0005

No comments:

Post a Comment