Monday, September 14, 2009

ELMO, New York


I always love my visits at the elmo restaurant in Chelsea. Sometimes for lunch, sometimes for dinner, doesn't matter - it's always fun! The food is so good I don't limit myself to a favorite. My brother Steve and I ate lunch outside today. We started with the gulf shrimp "popcorn style" with cornmeal batter and chipotle aioli. (see photo). Note: This is an especially good option for folks with celiac sprue diets since most restaurants serve shrimp in floured batters. There are many entree choices; today I ordered the grilled atlantic salmon blt on toasted multigrain bread. The best!! Don't let the photo trick you into thinking this is a calm environment. There is a lot of energy bursting outside from those open windows and entrance way. Inside is a thunderous environment equal to any South Beach club/restaurant. The music is blaring and the later it gets, the louder the audience. Very hip and groovy with lots of people watching opportunities.

elmo
156 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10011
P: 212-337-8000

No comments:

Post a Comment