Friday, October 16, 2009

LA SCALA, Maryland

How do you say PERFECT in Italian?? La Scala. I've heard a lot about this restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy area and tonight I finally got an opportunity to experience "the experience" first hand. My friend Diana is a huge fan of La Scala and now I know why. We were warmly greeted at the door and taken to our table. I couldn't help but notice the bar on my left and an indoor bocce court downstairs on my right. How cool is that? Once seated, we started off with a bottle of wine from Diana's private locker upstairs. Willie, our server, described tonight's Specials explicitly making it hard for me to decide what to order. Then Chef/Owner Nino graciously greeted us and helped us get started with some appetizer suggestions. We split the grilled caesar salad and the shrimp toast. Yummm. After a little more wine and some bread, we received our entrees. Diana got her favorite, Bronzini, a whole fish grilled and drizzled with olive oil and lemon. As always, she loved it (and so did I thanks to her putting some on my plate). I chose one of the Specials, Chicken Rotilini. It consisted of chicken filets wrapped around fontina cheese, sage, bread crumbs, and I'm sure an assortment of hidden ingredients, all resting on marinara sauce, contributing to a delicious dinner served with a side of pasta. Wow! We had plenty to eat and it was a pleasure to not be rushed. Although we had no room left for dessert, Nino gave us complimentary after dinner drinks. Our Friday evening was so relaxing, we even had time to ask for a second bottle. It was the perfect way to spend a chilly, rainy night - or for that matter - any night!


La Scala
1012 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21202
P: 410-783-9209

No comments:

Post a Comment