Friday, October 19, 2012

PRUNE

 A few weekends ago, Vicki and I met in New York for a fun few days.  The weather was perfect for lots of walking, and our hotel was located in SoHo, our favorite neighborhood for shopping.  We managed to get reservations at PRUNE on Saturday night and loved it.  Our roasted calamari appetizer was delicious, not the least bit rubbery.  Vicki enjoyed her shrimp entree (served with their heads), but I have to say that my pork chop was amazing.  It was huge and cooked perfectly.  As I looked around the intimate setting, it was evident that I was not the only one who made this excellent choice.  Just when we thought it couldn't get better, it did.  Our desserts were outstanding.  Vicki had mascarpone ice cream with salted caramel croutons.   Yummmm.  But, as delicious as that was, I still needed a chocolate fix.  My  chocolate espresso pot de creme was the perfect answer!  I left PRUNE totally satisfied, happy to be one of its patrons.












PRUNE
54 East First Street
NY, New York  10003
PH: 212-677-6221

No comments:

Post a Comment