Monday, June 4, 2012


                                                                       


BIG DADDY'S,   New York

Yesterday, Bill and I took his granddaughters to New York for the day for their maiden voyage.  We had a great time!  We wanted to eat at a "kid friendly" restaurant which can be a challenge on Sunday Brunch Day in New York City.  Devin and Christopher suggested we meet them at Big Daddy's on the upper west side.  That was perfect since it gave us a subway ride opportunity from Times Square.  We loved the decor, the service from Q (or is it Cue?) was excellent, and the food was outstanding.  That is my lunch pictured above, the Garden Grinder, which was delicious and filling.  I love sweet potatoes and jumped at the chance to try them in this form.  We were all pleased with our choices and sorry that we weren't hungry enough to try one of their shakes or sundaes.  You don't need kids to enjoy this restaurant,  I will definitely return.  Usually, when I eat at family type restaurants, I keep my expectations in check, but lunch at Big Daddy's was off the chart!


BIG DADDY'S
2454 Broadway at 91st Street
New York, NY  10024
PH:  212-677-2004


No comments:

Post a Comment