Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Buongiorno!  This year I celebrated a "Big" birthday, one that ends in zero.  Whenever this happens, I celebrate the entire year.  I don't find that excessive since it only happens once every ten years.  My son joined me in celebrating and graciously treated me to a week in Italy, just the two of us.  We spent two nights in Venice, two in Florence, and two in Rome with stops in Tuscany, Assisi and Pisa.  What a great trip!  Everything was perfect!  I'd like to feature my favorite dinner at a restaurant we stumbled on  walking the streets of Florence. Trattoria  Armando.  We spoke no Italian, they spoke hardly any English, but the outcome was amazing.  The pasta melted in your mouth and the presentation made you feel like you were eating art.

By the way, that's not coffee in my mug, it's hot chocolate.  I heard that it would be super rich and it was.  Kinda like drinking a melted chocolate bar.  Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment