Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CALLE OCHO, New York



Sunday was a perfect day! Or should I say perfecto? I got to New York in time to enjoy one of my favorite brunches with Devin and Christopher. I love Latino inspired restaurants. The music is upbeat, the food is delicious, and don't even get me started about good sangria. This neuvo Latino restaurant is decorated beautifully, the music is just right, the food and drink are delicious, and the service is great. Notice in the picture that it also has a chef with a sense of humor! I always get the same thing, a Cuban version of steak and eggs. Loved it! And, as usual, I visited the sangria bar and chose my favorite roja. The bar is a table featuring about eight pitchers of sangria, blancas and rojas. You can pour as many times as you like which is very easy to do if you're riding the subway and not driving. Sunday Brunch begins at noon and the restaurant is filled in a very short time. Reservations way in advance are a good idea but the experience is definitely worth the wait!

Calle Ocho
446 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10024
Ph: 212-873-5025


1 comment:

  1. It is definitely worth the wait! The space is also really large, which is a nice departure from the typically small restaurants you find in New York City.

    ReplyDelete