Monday, December 7, 2009

VICTORIA'S, Delaware


My cousin Lynn and I periodically visit my Uncle Ed (her Dad) in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. This past weekend he treated us and several others (Sylvia, Yo, Gil, Bob, and Mary Beth) to one fabulous brunch! We went to Victoria's, tucked inside the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, facing the Atlantic Ocean. We were engulfed by Victorian charm and thoroughly enjoyed delicious food while listening to a piano combo. Because there were eight of us, we managed to sample just about everything the buffet offered, even though it took several trips. I started with a mimosa, smoked salmon, fresh berries and cheese, a mini-waffle, and bacon (didn't partake the omelet station). Then it was time for lunch - beef vegetable stew, steamed shrimp, and an array of other lunch options, (including raw oysters if you like that sort of thing). And, don't even get me started about dessert, even though we all know I chose something chocolate. It was truly a special place to enjoy a Sunday afternoon and I hope to be doing it again soon. They also offer an Afternoon Tea during the week that looked interesting, making me envy the locals. A definite "must do" restaurant for everyone.

Victoria's Restaurant
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Olive Avenue & the Boardwalk
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
P: 302-227-7169

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    Now that my mouth is watering and I have the urge to tour now what? Hey, do you get any kick-backs?? If not you should...at least a free glass of wine.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete